When Justice Blay inked a season long-loan deal with Asante Kotoko, parent club Medeama were destined to pay the price for allowing their prized asset to slip through their fingers.
But with an eagle-eyed scouting system installed at the Tarkwa-based outfit, they were bound to find a seamless replacement for Blay.
A relatively unknown native of Kumas, who had honed his trade in Kumasi Cornerstone was the chosen one to fill the immense void created by Justice Blay.
SportsCorna.com profiles the talented midfield conductor.
Full name: Richard Boadu
Date of birth: 04/04/1998 (21 years old)
Place of birth: Kumasi- Ghana
Youth career: Kumasi Cornerstone FC
Current club: Medeama SC
Squad number: 6
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): €25,000
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Axel Witsel
– ball control
– ability to read the game
– tactical intelligence
Style of play:
– modern-day defensive midfielder
– midfield controller
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– tactically intelligent, versatile and charismatic midfielder, gifted with good ball skills, mobility, distribution, vision, and ability to read the game
– cultured passer with a proclivity for breaking the lines with intricate vertical balls
– likes to spread play with good long-range diagonals
– excellent range of passing
– very good in combination play
– good mobility, doesn’t stick to position and knows when to join the attack
– provides many key interceptions, clearances, and tackles for his team thanks to his good anticipation sense and defensive reliability
– knows how to dictate tempo, he’s creative and has the natural ability of an ‘orchestrator’ midfielder who can perform in all of midfield positions, linking up the team’s midfield and attack with ease and effectiveness
– extraordinary sense of what is happening on the pitch and both scan constantly, looking around to know where the opposition, their own team, and the space is
– great composure and confidence on the ball
– constantly asking for the ball and often is an additional passing option
– finds himself best in positional attack
– high number of touches and passes per game
– competent set-piece taker.
He is best suited to playing as:
Defensive midfielder in 4-3-3.
SportsCorna.com expectations this Season
2019/20 – Boadu possesses an eye for a pass, and already has ball control beyond his years. The Ghana Premier League is definitely the best league for him right now.
With Medeama SC aiming to be battling at the top this season, this could be a very exciting season for Boadu.
Provided he still gets the nod from the manager, this could be one of the most important seasons of development any youngster could dream of.