Children are the future of world. It’s the above statement which Ghana Premier League outfit Medeama SC have taken steps own the future with a meticulous approach of scooping the best of talents across the length and breadth of a football overdose country – Ghana.
Sports portal, SportsCorna.com cuts open into one of their talented signings yet to make the headlines as compared to the likes of Ebenezer Ackhabi and Nana Kofi Babil.
Below is an analytical assessment of what Philip Osei brings on the table for Medeama.
Full name: Philip Osei
Date of birth: 13/03/2000 (19 years old)
Place of birth: Kumasi (Ghana)
Weight: 65 kg
Current club: Medeama SC
Squad number: —
Current national team: Ghana U-20
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2019 Africa Games in Morocco.
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Filipe Luís
– pace and acceleration
– ball control
– tackling and intercepting
Style of play:
– complete full-back
– creative player with great technical ability, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control and fast direction shifts in possession
– can also play as a centre-back if needed
– very good at breaking down opposition plays due to his positional sense, defensive attributes, tactical intelligence, and ability to read the game
– impacts the game at both ends of the pitch
– equally competent offensively as defensively
– very comfortable & elegant with the ball at his feet
– known for his understanding of the game & an above-average technical capacity
– great timing and game reading ability when going forward
– likes to be involved in the build-up process thanks to his great technique, tactical intelligence & passing ability at all distances
– endless energy and his powerful running make him an incredibly useful asset as he brings an offensive value to a team, with a lot of activity during 90 minutes in the left side
– able to deliver pinpoint passes and crosses
– provides fluidity and dynamism going forward
– tactically astute and technically capable of playing in various demanding tactical systems
– fairly good in the air
– perfect for a possession-based game
He is best suited to playing as:
Left-back in 4-3-3.
“Philip Osei joined Medeama SC in 2019 from Ebony FC. He is a part of a new wave of very talented Medeama players which includes, among others Richard Boadu, Ebenezer Ackahbi, Prince Opoku Agyemang, Adjei Boakye, Nana Kofi Babil” – Manuel Cyril, SportsCorna.com scout.
SportsCorna.com Scout potential rating:
First team material in any European or African club.