Truck load of energy, pace, good recovery, excellent delivery and athleticism are but a few of West Africa Football Academy’s left back sensation – John Tedeku.
An initial maligned position has been transmogrified into one of the most vital positions in modern football due to their contribution up front and in defense.
Sportscorna.com profiles 18-year-old Dansoman-born left back in the mould of John Tedeku, who has amassed a total seven games in the suspended Ghana Premier League.
Full name: John Tedeku
Date of birth: 04/01/2002 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Dansoman (Ghana)
Youth career: Dansoman Barcelona, WAFA (since 2014)
Current club: WAFA/WAFA B
Squad number: 3
National team: –
Position: central defender, left-back
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): –
Tournaments participated in: Next Generation trophy in Austria 5 times , TDA tournament in Ivory coast 4 times
Contract until: Unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Aleksandar Kolarov
– pace and acceleration
– tackling and intercepting
– aerial duels
– ball control
Style of play:
– complete full-back
– creative player with great technical ability, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control and fast direction shifts in possession
– tall, well-built, hard-working, and quick at anticipating the movement of the opponents
– likes to cross
– very good at breaking down opposition plays due to his positional sense, defensive attributes, tactical intelligence, and ability to read the game
– impacts the game at both the ends of the pitch
– equally competent offensively as defensively
– very comfortable with the ball at his feet
– likes to be involved to build-up process thanks to his great technique, tactical intelligence & passing ability at all distances
– endless energy and his powerful running make him an incredibly useful asset as he brings an offensive value to a team, with a lot of activity during 90 minutes in the left side
– able to deliver pin-point passes and crosses
– provides fluidity and dynamism going forward
– fairly good in the air
– tactically astute and technically capable of playing in various demanding tactical systems
He is best suited to playing as:
Left-back in 4-3-3.
2015 Next generation runner-up with WAFA.
League summary (as for 29 December 2019):
Ghana Premier league 2019/2020 (ongoing): 7 matches (WAFA first team)
John Tedeku joined West African football Academy in 2014, from Dansoman Barcelona. He is a part of the new wave of highly talented West African football Academy players which includes, among others, Enock Asubonteng, Sampson Agyepong, Daniel Owusu & Marvin Owusu.
He made his professional debut for WAFA first team in the first game of the 2019/20 season away at Karela United in Ghana Premier league.
“John is a left back with a great engine and a desire to get forward and link up in attack. The defender is also a great asset at set pieces, both in defence and attack.”
(Manuel Cyril GH Football scout)
Sportscorna.com Scout potential rating:
Player has potential to become a key player in a top European or African club.