Over the years, Spain have carved a niche for themselves as one of the nations with consistent production of top notch talents filling the void created by fading Stars and legs effortlessly.
One of the burgeoning talents who is an amalgamation of electric pace, technique and dynamism is Nico Williams – perhaps the name Williams might ring the bell of religious disciples of the Spanish LaLiga i.e. Bilbao’s Mr. Consistent Inaki Williams.
And its not surprising he shares similar traits as his elder brother. SportsLens, which is a new category on Sportscorna – focuses the lens on the younger version of the Williams brothers.
Nico Williams is a product of a famous Lezama – Athletic Club youth academy. Nico is the brother of Iñaki Williams – Spanish international and current Athletic star.
He made his professional debut for Bilbao Athletic on 18 October 2020 in a Segunda Division B fixture against Arenas Club in which he provided an assist.
Full name: Nicholas Williams Arthuer
Date of birth: 12/07/2002 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Pamplona (Spain)
Youth career: Athletic Club
Current club: Athletic Club/Bilbao Athletic
Squad number: 26
Current national team: Spain U-18
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 1.000.000 €
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: 30.06.2022
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Wilfried Zaha
– pace and acceleration
– ball control
– first touch
– defensive contribution
Style of play:
– wide forward
– creative player with great technique on the ball, mobility, acceleration skills, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling, and good short-mid through passing ability
– equally good on both wings
– superb coordination, agility, and balance
– electric pace and acceleration
– likes to dribble
– likes to play a direct style by running straight at defenders with pace
– confident, dynamic and very positive with the ball
– likes to cut inside to the inside of the pitch to either shoot, cross or pass
– superb off the ball intelligence to recognize spaces where to receive/run into
– excellent balance and changes of pace
– able to dribble and make combinations with his teammates at top speed
– known for his “quick feet”, speed of movement and close control
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– good reaction to the loss of the ball with good aggressive attitude, and good recovery of his position
– all-action and energetic
He is best suited to playing as:
Left winger in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 11 December 2020):
Segunda Division B 2020/2021 (ongoing): 7 games/2 goals (Bilbao Athletic)
Sportscorna.com Scouting potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.
By: Jacek Kulig (FTS)